Yesterday morning, Mom and I went out to run the Super Sunday 5 Miler. We got there just before 9:00 AM and picked up our race packets. We went to the parking garage and stood against a railing and we did some stretches before the race. At 9:50 AM, Mom and I went out to do some warm-ups. We didn't have a lot of time, so we just ran down the street and back. At 9:57 AM, we went to the start line and the race started at 10:00 AM. The race passed by very quickly. We finished with a time of 40:24. The first mile was about 9 minutes because of the crowd. The second mile was about 8 minutes. The last three miles were under 8 minutes per mile. I felt very good when I was finished. Mom told me that there was a beer party at the end of the race. Instead of that, we went to a bakery called Tatte and I had lunch. I had hot chocolate with foam on top. It tasted really good. Around 12:15 PM, we went back to where the race was to listen to the awards. The winning time was 24:35!!! They didn't call any age groups, but there was a tent with trophies for the age group winners. I was in third place for the 18 and under age group. The first and second place runners for 18 and under were 14 and 18. When we got home, we had a meringue cloud that we got from Tatte. It was really good.



No comments:
Post a Comment