Monday, January 20, 2014

Bridges!

We went to the Science Museum on January 12th and took a walk around North Point Park afterwards. I took some pictures of bridges to get ready for my science fair project.
This bridge is right by the Science Museum. The green line trains use this bridge. It is an arch bridge.

 This is the Longfellow Bridge. I took this picture from inside the Science Museum. This is also an arch bridge.

This is a truss bridge and a drawbridge. It lifts up to let big boats out into Boston Harbor.
 
This is the bike lane bridge. Mom and I took a picture of this in North Point Park. The side rail of the bridge is a truss support.
 
We also saw this truss bridge on the way home on Rt 28 N in Somerville.
 
My favorite type of bridge is a suspension bridge. Here is a simple suspension bridge at North Point Park.
 
Here is the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge. It is a cable-stayed suspension bridge. I really like this bridge.
The cables support the weight of the bridge.
 Here is where the cables are anchored to the bridge.

 This how big a support post is compared to me.


 
 Here is a simple beam bridge in North Point Park.
This overpass is connected to Rt 1 N. It has many posts and is also a beam bridge.
 
I built this double-decker suspension train bridge this weekend.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment