Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Melrose Inauguration
On Monday January 11, 2016 we got in in the car at 7pm and headed to Memorial Hall for the Melrose Inauguration. I was going to play Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum for the musical selection. I felt excited but I was still a little nervous. When we got there, I saw people going in the building so I thought a lot of people were going to be at the inauguration. We sat down in our reserved seat and I looked at the program. The inauguration started at 7:30 pm and the high school band performed some really great music. After that we did the national anthem and the pledge of allegiance. Then it was time for a speech by Governor Baker. His speech was funny and I really liked it. Then there was an Oath for alderman and school committee. Then there were a few more speeches while I walked up backstage. I suddenly became very nervous. Once they introduced me and I started playing I wasn't nervous anymore. I finished my piece with a standing ovation!! After that there was an Oath for the mayor and then it was time to go home. What a great night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are amazing, Caleb. So proud of you!!
ReplyDelete