On Friday January 1 2016,we got up in the morning and had a light breakfast of bagels and fruit to get ready for the Hangover Classic 10k in Salisbury, MA. I practiced piano so we could leave around 10.
When we got there, we got our race packets with numbers and shirts and did our warm-ups. The temperature was perfect, about 38 and it was very nice out.
The race started at 11:30 and I promised to stay with mom the whole time of the race to be her pacer. There were a lot of turns in the race but it was very well organized. It was an out and back course so we recognized a lot on the way back to the finish.
Mom's goal was 48:30 and I finished with time of 47:52 with a pace of 7:44. Mom was not far behind and finished with a time of 48:12.
Now it was time for the hard part-jumping into a 47 degree ocean. I ran into the water. When I saw mom go under, I dunked under too. IT WAS FREEZING!!!!!!!! I ran out of the water and went straight to get in my towel and change into warm clothes.
We went to one of our favorite Mexican restrants, Agave in Newburyport. What a great way to start 2016!
No comments:
Post a Comment